Thursday, July 17, 2014

BONDS

There are few things in life that are more difficult to break and those are the bonds between family and friends. Then there are the ones in the middle, ex-wives, ex children and grandchildren how do you break those bonds? I have experienced a great deal of this conundrum of late. My blood family, well whatever they say or do there is a bond there that I can certainly not break, friend’s well that’s hard but it can be done. The ones in the middle now that’s the test.

How can a person be expected to turn away from the well-being of someone who they used to call their best friend? If anyone out there knows pray tell me the secret. BONDS are important they hold us together (united we stand, divided we fall). But it’s more much more than this. In my 63 years I’ve learnt a little, some of the lessons have been hard but it all goes towards helping my understanding of this thing we call BOND.

If I ever had the time or inclination to write a book (not that anyone would be interested) it would serve as a good guide as to how to chart your course through life.

My Dad used to read me the poem “IF” by Rudyard Kipling, unbeknown to me that had such a big impression on my life that unknowingly I’ve tried to live up to his expectations. I may have gone off track many times but always I get back on message “then you’ll be a man my son”. I despair at what my friends are doing to themselves and being impotent in trying to help them is so very sad. I’m told they (she) has to hit rock bottom before doing anything about it. But when you get a cry for help and you missed the opportunity to help, what do you do?

So I read the thoughts of Buddha, I do what I can, but I hate standing by when I see anyone whoever it is destroying their lives. My sisters all say, time is a great healer, well I have a system of boxes. When I have a heartbreaking experience I put it in a box and stick it in the back of my mind. The only problem is that this box keeps coming open. When it’s shut for good who knows but maybe then I can get on with my own life and not keep opening up a box that should be sealed forever.

LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS


The importance of long term relationships can't be understated. It’s important from the start you know everything good and bad about each other. You enjoy each other, and each other’s company. You have no fantasies of another type of partner.  Live life in the now not in the past or the future. I believe if you both feel that way, it will form a long term relationship.

4 comments:

  1. Things change and time is a healer. If people are determined to hurt themselves, there's not a lot you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lid is back on and staying on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lid is back on and staying on.

    ReplyDelete